If you were attracted by the degree in English Studies, before a degree in English Philology, you should know that you were not the only one! It is one of the university formations preferred by Spanish university students. Also, if you like English and you enjoy literature, surely you already realized that this course was one of the best decisions.
Throughout its four years of existence you have acquired multiple knowledge of different fields, which in many cases, will depend on the university center where you have decided to study these studies. However, in general terms, you will have studied from English culture, to Spanish literature or even, Dutch.
Now, you have finished the university degree and with everything you have learned, you may find yourself faced with a new dilemma: you do not know what to specialize in and, therefore, you do not know which masters to enroll in. In this case, you are in the right place!
We will show you the options that best suit your studies so you can give continuity to them. However, if you do not want to take a master’s degree, remember that we have other postgraduate offers or you can even bet on continuing education courses, which have a shorter duration.
What is the degree in English Studies and what are their outputs?
Today it is more than evident that to be able to access a good job, with optimal salary conditions, it is essential to master at least one foreign language. This university degree fulfills this function, since it provides you with solid knowledge of English.
For this reason, it is essential that in addition to liking this language, its literature and its customs, you like and are good at languages in general. It will be important, too, that you enjoy reading and writing and that you have a capacity for synthesis and good verbal skills. All these skills and abilities will be essential to successfully overcome the four-year career.
As for the professional outings, once you have graduated, you will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Linguistic and literary consultant.
- Any type of work that requires advanced use of written and spoken English.
- Teach as a teacher
- Publishing industry and media: editorial editor, editor, etc.
- Participate in international relations. Embassies and consulates need mediators with philology studies.
- Make translations.
- Tourism sector.
- The mastery of the language and the communicative skills that you have developed during the career make the professional opportunities go beyond teaching and research. But as expected, it will be necessary for you to have specific training. Hence the importance of giving continuity to your studies studying a master’s degree.
What master study?
From Emagister, you propose the following options:
- Master’s Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language. Would you like to teach Spanish to foreigners? This master will provide you with the necessary pedagogical, methodological and pragmatic training to be able to practice as a teacher of the Spanish language.
- Master in English Studies. You can complete your studies through this superior and specialized academic training. Also, you will acquire the necessary skills to focus on the field of research and that will enable you to continue with doctoral studies.
- Master in Journalism. You will learn to write informative texts about science, culture, etc. You will become familiar with the different writing and correction techniques. You will also know what are the different journalistic genres.
- Master in International Relations. Studying these studies will allow you to work as an international mediator, in embassies, in consultancies or in any international department of large companies or institutions, whether they are public or private.
- Master in Translation You will be trained in the different specialized translations (humanistic-literary, scientific-technical, legal-economic) and in the interpretation. That is, it not only includes the study of the language, but also the understanding of the culture, in order to be able to carry out translations that go according to the context to which reference is made.
- Although these are our proposals, we remind you that our training offer in masters goes much further. While these are the options that best suit the aforementioned professional outings, the important thing is that you are clear about your goal and that you direct your course towards it.